From our community to your home, we wish you a Happy Dragon Boat Festival! We love seeing the spirit of our ancient Chinese traditions alive and well as the Calgary Dragon Boat Society would like to wish you and your family a “Happy Dragon Boat Festival”.
It commemorates the death of Chinese poet, Qu Yuan, known for his patriotism and contributions to classical poetry and also a holiday during which “zongzi”, sweet and savoury filled sticky rice dumplings wrapped in bamboo leaves that Chinese consume during the festival. One of the main highlights of the festival are the intense and exciting dragon boat races held as teams paddle towards the finish in synchronicity and teamwork, one that we still honour and celebrate with festivals worldwide.
Eleanor Chiu of Spartans, shares in the homemade preparation of her own delicious zongzi shared with teammates to a mark this Dragon Boat Festival day!
Dragon Boat Festival Banquet & AGM!!!
June 8th, 2022 (Wednesday)
5:30pm – 9:00pm
Regency Palace Restaurant
Video premiered, October 8th, 2020 and was produced by our partner, GlobalFest
Share this page:
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to email a link to a friend (Opens in new window)