Dragon Boat Practice Request Instructions
For Festival Team Packages
(Team Builder Plus Or Getting Serious)
Practice Season: May 1st To September 30th (Weather Dependant)
Please register for a Practice Team before requesting practices.
Practice Schedule Times at North Glenmore Park
|Day of Week||Time Slot||Practice Times|
|(Mon – Fri)||Slot 1|
|6:00pm – 7:15pm|
6:15pm – 7:30pm
7:15pm – 8:30pm
7:30pm – 8:45pm
|(Sat – Sun)||Slot 1|
|9:00am – 10:30am|
10:30am – 12:00pm
12:00pm – 1:30pm
1:30pm – 3:00pm
3:00pm – 4:30pm
4:30pm – 6:00pm
PEAK times are Monday – Thursday
Non-PEAK times are Friday – Sunday
(times are subject to change)
1. Practice Time Request Information
Based on your selected Festival Entry Package, please provide your first and second choices of the date(s) & time slot(s) information for each practice as per table below, referencing the practice time slot table above.
Please note that practice requests are on a first come first served basis so we cannot guarantee your requests.
Note: Only CDBS approved steersperson will be allowed to steer teams during dragon boat practices.
1. Ensure your primary team contact information is included in.
2. You will be contacted with confirmation of your request or we will provide other available practice times.
3. CDBS practice coordinator (email@example.com) will contact you to confirm your practice request.
- All team members must have completed and submitted Festival Paddler Registration / Waiver Forms prior to starting practices and/or participation in the Race & Festival.
- Only CDBS approved steersperson(s) will be allowed to steer a dragon boat. A pool of qualified steerspersons will be on site during the Race & Festival to help with steering if required.
Practice Cancellations And Refund Policies
- Teams require a minimum of 12 paddlers (not including the drummer and steersperson). You will not be allowed on the water if you do not meet this requirement and no refunds will be given.
- Refunds/credits will only be offered if boat patrol cancels practice prior to the team launching from the docks.
- Each team is expected to be back at the end of their time slot. Late teams may have to pay for the affected team’s practice fee and/or lose their future practice times.
- Cancellations with refund will be granted if 72 hours notice is provided in writing (email) prior to the practice.