As a great deal of our regular paddlers are aware, there has been bridge rehabilitation work happening on the Crowchild Bridge over Glenmore.
As of July 31st, The City of Calgary chose the weekend of the festival to completely close the bridge to vehicle traffic in addition to westbound traffic on Glenmore.
The map below indicates the detour required to access the festival via 37th Street by the Grey Eagle Casino.
The majority of festival attendees will be using our shuttles from Mount Royal University and will not be affected directly by these closures. It would be in attendees best interests to leave at least 10 minutes early due to the potential for traffic backup that could result.
For those of you who have to drive to the festival grounds, please keep the following in mind:
- Teams arrive at the festival well before your marshalling time to allow for traffic delays. We don’t
- want anyone to miss their race!
- Be kind to the residents that border the festival – respect posted speed limits, keep stereo and
- engine noise to a minimum and refrain from parking in non-designated areas. We strive to be a
- good neighbour to Lakeview!
Need more details on festival parking and shuttles?
Share this page:
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to email a link to a friend (Opens in new window)